Re: [bang-phpug] Can we Install PHP4 and PHP5 ON Same System

    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 9, 2008
      You can also check if the WAMP addons help you:
      http://www.wampserver.com/en/addons_php.php

      -------------------------------
      www.vinuthomas.com
      blogs.vinuthomas.com
    • Amit Rana
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 9, 2008
        I agree this is the simplest way to do.

        To install multiple version on linux use --prefix=/usr/local2 option
        while compiling. You can even specify the location of php.ini file
        using --with-config-file-path

        You can even work with single httpd.conf file just make sure you are

        Amit.

        --- In bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com, "pinky_goyal22" <pinks.forums@...>

      • ganu.ullu@gmail.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 9, 2008
          This I have tested this for my linux box.

          install php5 as normal and install php4 as cgi module.

          and in the same httpd conf file made change , so your php4 things will run
          from cgi module.
          say like -
          AddHandler php-script .php4
          Action php-script /somedir/php4

          so when you run your php4 then your server type will be fastCGI. for php5 it
          will be apache.

          so with one apache conf file you can run your php4 and php5.
          same time , same instance. :)

          hope this will help.

          try this.