Re: [bang-phpug] url encoding problem

  • Vijay Srinivas
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 3, 2008
      Dear Pinky,

      Plus is actually a code for space (since Space is not
      permitted in $_GET variable.

      Use some other code, and then decode it later.

      Vijay

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 3, 2008
        thnx for the reply vijay.i have done it like this way.

        On 1/3/08, Vijay Srinivas <vijay_srini_2000@...> wrote:

        > Dear Pinky,
        >
        > Plus is actually a code for space (since Space is not
        > permitted in $_GET variable.
        >
        > Use some other code, and then decode it later.
        >
        > Vijay
        > --- pinky_goyal22 <pinks.forums@... <pinks.forums%40gmail.com>>
        > wrote:
        >
        > > Hi All !
        > >
        > > i have a script through which i am redirecting to a
        > > new page and
        > > passing the get parameters to the page. a parameter
        > > contains '+' sign
        > > eg 'filename' is a variable which contains value
        > > '+2134876.tif'.
        > >
        > > i am passing it through a query string
        > > eg.
        > >
        > > url = page.php?file=filename
        > >
        > > when i get this value on page.php thorugh
        > > $_GET['file'], i didn't get
        > > the filename correct.
        > >
        > > i didn't get '+' sign in the variable value.
        > >
        > > can anyone please help me out how i can get the
        > > variable's value those
        > > contain '+' sign.
        > > please it's urgent.
        > >
        > > thnx in advance.

      • thisistrinath
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 3, 2008
          Or you might do a simple but a bit lengthy process. Give a name to +
          at client side; say '+' = "plus". And at server side when you get the
          variable check if the variable has the substring 'plus' wherever you
          want it to be. If its there then just substitute it with '+'. A trick!