url encoding problem

  • pinky_goyal22
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 2, 2008
      Hi All !

      i have a script through which i am redirecting to a new page and
      passing the get parameters to the page. a parameter contains '+' sign
      eg 'filename' is a variable which contains value '+2134876.tif'.

      i am passing it through a query string
      eg.

      url = page.php?file=filename

      when i get this value on page.php thorugh $_GET['file'], i didn't get
      the filename correct.

      i didn't get '+' sign in the variable value.

      can anyone please help me out how i can get the variable's value those
      contain '+' sign.
      please it's urgent.

      thnx in advance.
    • vaijanath rao
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 2, 2008
        Hi Pinky,
        Try sending the url_encode of the +. In Uri space terms + is also treated as space and hence you get space instead of +.

        Try looking at the following link. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Percent-encoding

        Thanks and Regards
        Vaijanath

        try searching !wiki url reserved character in search.yahoo.com

        i have a script through which i am redirecting to a new page and

        passing the get parameters to the page. a parameter contains '+' sign

        eg 'filename' is a variable which contains value '+2134876.tif' .

        i am passing it through a query string

        eg.

        url = page.php?file= filename

        when i get this value on page.php thorugh $_GET['file' ], i didn't get

        the filename correct.

        i didn't get '+' sign in the variable value.

        can anyone please help me out how i can get the variable's value those

        contain '+' sign.

        please it's urgent.

        thnx in advance.

        <!--

        #ygrp-mkp{
        #ygrp-mkp hr{
        border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}
        #ygrp-mkp #hd{
        #ygrp-mkp #ads{
        margin-bottom:10px;}
        #ygrp-mkp .ad{
        padding:0 0;}
        #ygrp-mkp .ad a{
        color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}
        -->

        <!--

        #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc{
        font-family:Arial;}
        #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc #hd{
        #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc .ad{
        margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}
        -->

        <!--

        #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
        #ygrp-text{
        font-family:Georgia;
        }
        #ygrp-text p{
        margin:0 0 1em 0;}
        #ygrp-tpmsgs{
        font-family:Arial;
        clear:both;}
        #ygrp-vitnav{
        #ygrp-vitnav a{
        padding:0 1px;}
        #ygrp-actbar{
        #ygrp-actbar .left{
        float:left;white-space:nowrap;}
        .bld{font-weight:bold;}
        #ygrp-grft{
        #ygrp-ft{
        padding:5px 0;
        }
        #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
        padding-bottom:10px;}

        #ygrp-vital{
        #ygrp-vital #vithd{
        #ygrp-vital ul{
        padding:0;margin:2px 0;}
        #ygrp-vital ul li{
        }
        #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{
        #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
        font-weight:bold;}
        #ygrp-vital a{
        text-decoration:none;}

        #ygrp-vital a:hover{
        text-decoration:underline;}

        #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
        color:#999;font-size:77%;}
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
        padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0;}
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
        text-decoration:none;font-size:130%;}
        #ygrp-sponsor #nc{
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
        padding:8px 0;}
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
        text-decoration:none;}
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
        text-decoration:underline;}
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
        margin:0;}
        o{font-size:0;}
        .MsoNormal{
        margin:0 0 0 0;}
        #ygrp-text tt{
        font-size:120%;}
        blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}
        .replbq{margin:4;}
        -->

        Forgot the famous last words? Access your message archive online at http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/webmessengerpromo.php

      • Vijay Srinivas
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 3, 2008
          Dear Pinky,

          Plus is actually a code for space (since Space is not
          permitted in $_GET variable.

          Use some other code, and then decode it later.

          Vijay

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 3, 2008
            thnx for the reply vijay.i have done it like this way.

            On 1/3/08, Vijay Srinivas <vijay_srini_2000@...> wrote:

            > Dear Pinky,
            >
            > Plus is actually a code for space (since Space is not
            > permitted in $_GET variable.
            >
            > Use some other code, and then decode it later.
            >
            > Vijay
            > --- pinky_goyal22 <pinks.forums@... <pinks.forums%40gmail.com>>
            > wrote:
            >
            > > Hi All !
            > >
            > > i have a script through which i am redirecting to a
            > > new page and
            > > passing the get parameters to the page. a parameter
            > > contains '+' sign
            > > eg 'filename' is a variable which contains value
            > > '+2134876.tif'.
            > >
            > > i am passing it through a query string
            > > eg.
            > >
            > > url = page.php?file=filename
            > >
            > > when i get this value on page.php thorugh
            > > $_GET['file'], i didn't get
            > > the filename correct.
            > >
            > > i didn't get '+' sign in the variable value.
            > >
            > > can anyone please help me out how i can get the
            > > variable's value those
            > > contain '+' sign.
            > > please it's urgent.
            > >
            > > thnx in advance.

          • thisistrinath
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 3, 2008
              Or you might do a simple but a bit lengthy process. Give a name to +
              at client side; say '+' = "plus". And at server side when you get the
              variable check if the variable has the substring 'plus' wherever you
              want it to be. If its there then just substitute it with '+'. A trick!