Probelm with Mbstring Functions

  • KARTHIKEYAN RANGASWAMY
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 21, 2007
      Hai Friends,

      I am using PHP 4.4.7,Mysql 4.0 and Apache 2.0.50.

      The Problem is everything works fine

      I am installing a Tool called Limesurvey which needs Mbstring Functions in PHP to be installed.I checked the PHP forums they have mentioned that mbstring function is inbulit in PHP 4.i checked that file callled php_mbstring.dll in PHP Extensions folder.To enable that mbstring function i just uncommented that php_mbstring.all and php_mcrypt.dll file in php.ini file(uncommented in the sense removed the semicolon mentioned before the line as they have mentioned to do so)

      i also placed that two dll files in C:/Windows/system32 folder as they have mentioned .after making these changes i restarted my apache server also

      then i checked using phpinfo(); function but still mbstring function is not enabled

      I have checked in the forums but i have not got the solution

      Please Reply fast as i need the tool to be installed urgently as my client needs it

      Rgds,
      Karthikeyan.R

    • Santhosh Nair