Using BARAHA for a website

  • Vijay Srinivas
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 17, 2007
      Hello everybody,

      This is Vijay Srinivas again, and hope that everybody
      is enjoying their PHP programmming.

      I had designed a multi-lingual website to display
      information both in English and Kannada (more
      languages are to be added later). I used BARAHA
      KANNADA for displaying Kannada fonts.

      Before working with Kannada Fonts, I first Installed
      Baraha Kannada font in my local machine. Then, I
      converted all the pages displaying Kannada Letters
      into unicode and ran it. Now, it runs fine on my local
      machine, as well as those machines which have BARAHA
      installed in them. However, it doesnt display when
      BARAHA is not installed in a particular system.

      I actually want that it works even in those machines
      which dont have BARAHA installed in them. (I have seen
      many sites which display Kannada Fonts, but they use
      CLASS, and classes are hidden from the clients, inside
      a CSS file; or have used a JavaScript Server Program
      again not displayed. Moreover, I am not a very good
      expert in JavaScript).

      Hope that someone helps.
      Vijay Srinivas

      Looking for last minute shopping deals?
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 17, 2007
        Vijay,

        You could use Unicode (UTF-8) character sets for displaying Kannada
        text on the web. This should be supported on most modern browsers.
        Here's a link to the Kannada UTF-8 character set.
        http://tlt.its.psu.edu/suggestions/international/bylanguage/kannadachart.html

        On Dec 18, 2007 10:09 AM, Vijay Srinivas <vijay_srini_2000@...> wrote:

        > Hello everybody,
        >
        > This is Vijay Srinivas again, and hope that everybody
        > is enjoying their PHP programmming.
        >
        > I had designed a multi-lingual website to display
        > information both in English and Kannada (more
        > languages are to be added later). I used BARAHA
        > KANNADA for displaying Kannada fonts.
        >
        > Before working with Kannada Fonts, I first Installed
        > Baraha Kannada font in my local machine. Then, I
        > converted all the pages displaying Kannada Letters
        > into unicode and ran it. Now, it runs fine on my local
        > machine, as well as those machines which have BARAHA
        > installed in them. However, it doesnt display when
        > BARAHA is not installed in a particular system.
        >
        > I actually want that it works even in those machines
        > which dont have BARAHA installed in them. (I have seen
        > many sites which display Kannada Fonts, but they use
        > CLASS, and classes are hidden from the clients, inside
        > a CSS file; or have used a JavaScript Server Program
        > again not displayed. Moreover, I am not a very good
        > expert in JavaScript).
        >
        > Hope that someone helps.
        > Vijay Srinivas

        > Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.