Session handling problem,please help me

  • Mahabaleshwar
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 26, 2006
      I have a problem with tabed browsing(in FireFox)and when i am in
      search of a solution for this problem I found following qoutes in the
      php.net site, FF preserves sessions across tabs and new windows that I
      don't want(like in the case of user login session).

      "Be warned, when working with tab-based browsers like Opera and
      Firefox, sessions are preserved across tabs....IE deals with sessions
      just fine. There is probably some way to adjust the settings in
      Firefox or Opera, but that is not the default, and will affect most
      users."

      In fact, the way sessions are managed among different browsers is not
      all that different among MSIE and Opera and Firefox. You will find
      that MSIE sessions can be maintained across browser windows, just like
      in FF or Opera. However the difference that djohnson noted is because
      of the way MSIE windows are created vs FF and Opera.

      If you choose, in MSIE, "File->New Window", you will find that PHP
      sessions are preserved from browser window to browser window.

      If, OTOH, you start a new window of MSIE using the start menu or
      desktop icon, a new instance of MSIE, with a new process ID, is
      started. *This* instance does not have anything to do with any other
      previously existing MSIE instances, and, thus, PHP sessions started in
      this new MSIE process are distinct from PHP sessions in existing MSIE
      instances.

      can anybody help me to solve above mentioned problem

      regards
      bhat

      Whereas FF and Opera apparently always start a new window into an
      existing FF or Opera process. Thus PHP sessions are always maintained
      across browser instances with FF and Opera.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 26, 2006
        Hi,

        Your question was not very clear. Let me see if I got it right:
        You want to know how to control PHP sessions on Firefox browsers to
        make it work like IE?

        If that's the question, the answer is you can't really do that with
        PHP, since the behaviour of the Browser is really something you can't
        control.