Running Timed PHP scripts

  • thisistrinath
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 26, 2007
      I want to run few PHP scripts at some particular time. Usually the
      scripts run when they are called by client browser, but what can I do
      to have them automatically run at a particular time say 7:00pm everyday.

      Or is it the work of Apache server to do, that if we show it the
      script and tell it the time, it would automatically run it at that time.

      Please tell me how to achieve my objective.
    • Roshith Kaniyamchalil
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 26, 2007
        you can set the cronjob in the cpanel(if it is a
        Linux server). In windows you can set scheduled
        task(in the control panel scheduled tasks-> add
        scheduled task) to solve this issue.

        regards,
        Roshith Kaniyamchalil

        Why delete messages? Unlimited storage is just a click away. Go to http://help.yahoo.com/l/in/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/tools/tools-08.html
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 26, 2007
          On a Windows server you can use Scheduled tasks to run the php script.
          http://manual.b2evolution.net/Set_up_a_Windows_Scheduled_Task
          If you're running on a unix/linux server, you can run the php scripts
          through crontab.
          http://vinuthomas.com/Content/pid=65.html

          --- In bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com, "thisistrinath" <thisistrinath@...>
          wrote:

          > I want to run few PHP scripts at some particular time. Usually the
          > scripts run when they are called by client browser, but what can I do
          > to have them automatically run at a particular time say 7:00pm everyday.
          >
          > Or is it the work of Apache server to do, that if we show it the
          > script and tell it the time, it would automatically run it at that time.
          >
          > Please tell me how to achieve my objective.

        • mohammeds siyams