Re: [bang-phpug] Re: Error : unable to chdir to vpopmail/domains

  • ashok kumar
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 23, 2006
      Thankq Thomas for your suggestion.
      But at last solved it in another way by changing the visudo file.

      steps to be followed:

      1. go to command prompt.
      2. type visudo and press enter.
      3. add the line : apache ALL=PASSWD /home/vpopmail/bin/vadduser
      4. now save and close the file.
      5. go to the PHP script and add the line `sudo /home/vpopmail/bin/vadduser username@... password`
      6. run the PHP in the browser.

      Vinu Thomas <vinuthomas@...> wrote:
      Ashok,

      If PHP is configured to run in safe mode, you'll not be able to
      execute any command which is outside the configured directory (usually
      your web root).
      http://in.php.net/features.safe-mode

      One way to try executing your program woule be to copy the binary over
      to your webroot and see if you can execute it from there.

      blogs.vinuthomas.com

      --- In bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com, ashok kumar <vak108@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      > Iam trying to create a new user by using
      > /home/vpopmail/bin/vadduser test@... password
      > from PHP. When iam running the PHP script from the browser window
      iam getting the error : " unable to chdir to vpopmail/domains "