Receiving data from PHP to Flash

  • ashok kumar
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 23, 2006

      How can we receive data(data is in HTML format) from PHP to flash. Iam able to recieve normal text. It is giving problem if the data to be received is in HTML format.

      Thanks & Regards
      Ashok.V

      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 25, 2006
        Ashok,
        You can serialize the data and send it from PHP to Flash. You could try
        the following:

        In PHP:
        echo "output=" . urlencode(utf8_encode(serialize($mainData)));

        In Flash:
        Get the Serializer class from
        http://sourceforge.net/projects/serializerclass/
        <http://sourceforge.net/projects/serializerclass/> and use the
        following code to get the unserialized data:
        import it.sephiroth.Serializer
        // now load the PHP variables
        var Class_Serializer:Serializer = new Serializer()
        var myLoadVars:LoadVars = new LoadVars();
        var data:Object;
        myLoadVars.load("http://www.sephiroth.it/tutorials/flashPHP/cellRenderer\
        /files/server.php");
        myLoadVars.onLoad = function(success){
        // unserialize the data object
        data = Class_Serializer.unserialize(this.output)Regards,
        Vinu