Re: [bang-phpug] Mozilla Firefox web browser Issues

  • Ved Prakash
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 11, 2007
      Hi Dhana,

      For these kind of browser issues, always validate your pages using a HTML
      validator., IE generally acts intelligently and hides the errors, whereas
      Firefox would not process any tag if its not balanced properly.

      Validation problems wrt Javascript would occur only if you are using any
      extensions or browser settings that affect Javascript settings for your
      browser. eg. noscript, disabling javascript - in browser settings .. etc.

      Ved

      On 10/11/07, dhana_1706 <dhana_1706@...> wrote:

      > hi,
      >
      > I am using Mozilla Firefox web browser.. when i run the pages, i am
      > facing many issues like validation problem and alignment problem etc..
      >
      > But in IE Browser it is working..
      >
      > So Kindly tell me, want to include any commands or somefiles have to
      > include ?
      >
      > Thank u in adv,
      >
      > Dhana

    • Anand Subramanian
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 12, 2007
        Thanks Ved.
        There does seem to be a few minor differences in code/exception handling between IE and Firefox.
        e.g. Using window.event.returnValue = false in IE
        Vs using Return false in Firefox

        (or)
        using event.preventDefault(); in Firefox to prevent default behaviour

        This link http://forums.asp.net/p/1071858/1567305.aspx gives more idea
        We are trying to solve this issue using this.

        thanks

        Anand

        On 10/11/07, dhana_1706 <dhana_1706@yahoo. com> wrote:

        > hi,
        >
        > I am using Mozilla Firefox web browser.. when i run the pages, i am
        > facing many issues like validation problem and alignment problem etc..
        >
        > But in IE Browser it is working..
        >
        > So Kindly tell me, want to include any commands or somefiles have to
        > include ?
        >
        > Thank u in adv,
        >
        > Dhana

      • samaya
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 3, 2007
          hi,
          use document.getElementById() instead of using document.form.textfirld. value in the script validation and etc ....

          regards
          samaya

          I am using Mozilla Firefox web browser.. when i run the pages, i am
          facing many issues like validation problem and alignment problem etc..

          But in IE Browser it is working..

          So Kindly tell me, want to include any commands or somefiles have to
          include ?

          Thank u in adv,

          Dhana

          Get the freedom to save as many mails as you wish. To know how, go to http://help.yahoo.com/l/in/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/tools/tools-08.html

        • Chidu
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 4, 2007
            Hey Dhana,

            You may use the java console or Error console available in Mozilla Firefox
            to trace out the errors. More-over if you do have forms and nested tables on
            the page. then there lies an issue. Better use
            document.getElementById('field-id') to get the reference to the
            object.

            And must solve ur validation problems. and regarding ur alignment problems,
            especially when ur using CSS for the page, then, the alignment really
            differs from, what you actually see, as right in IE6.0. So, Just try to
            optimise for the both the browsers,

            --
            Chidanand. G. B