Re: Error : unable to chdir to vpopmail/domains

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 17, 2006
      Ashok,

      If PHP is configured to run in safe mode, you'll not be able to
      execute any command which is outside the configured directory (usually
      your web root).
      http://in.php.net/features.safe-mode

      One way to try executing your program woule be to copy the binary over
      to your webroot and see if you can execute it from there.

      --------------------
      blogs.vinuthomas.com

      --- In bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com, ashok kumar <vak108@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      > Iam trying to create a new user by using
      > /home/vpopmail/bin/vadduser test@... password
      > from PHP. When iam running the PHP script from the browser window
      iam getting the error : " unable to chdir to vpopmail/domains "

      > But, Iam create the domain user if I run the same command, from
      the command prompt.

      > Regards
      > Ashok.V

    • ashok kumar
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 23, 2006
        Thankq Thomas for your suggestion.
        But at last solved it in another way by changing the visudo file.

        steps to be followed:

        1. go to command prompt.
        2. type visudo and press enter.
        3. add the line : apache ALL=PASSWD /home/vpopmail/bin/vadduser
        4. now save and close the file.
        5. go to the PHP script and add the line `sudo /home/vpopmail/bin/vadduser username@... password`
        6. run the PHP in the browser.