Mozilla Firefox web browser Issues

  • dhana_1706
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 10, 2007
      hi,

      I am using Mozilla Firefox web browser.. when i run the pages, i am
      facing many issues like validation problem and alignment problem etc..

      But in IE Browser it is working..

      So Kindly tell me, want to include any commands or somefiles have to
      include ?

      Thank u in adv,

      Dhana
    • Ved Prakash
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 11, 2007
        Hi Dhana,

        For these kind of browser issues, always validate your pages using a HTML
        validator., IE generally acts intelligently and hides the errors, whereas
        Firefox would not process any tag if its not balanced properly.

        Validation problems wrt Javascript would occur only if you are using any
        extensions or browser settings that affect Javascript settings for your
        browser. eg. noscript, disabling javascript - in browser settings .. etc.

        Ved

        On 10/11/07, dhana_1706 <dhana_1706@...> wrote:

        > hi,
        >
        > I am using Mozilla Firefox web browser.. when i run the pages, i am
        > facing many issues like validation problem and alignment problem etc..
        >
        > But in IE Browser it is working..
        >
        > So Kindly tell me, want to include any commands or somefiles have to
        > include ?
        >
        > Thank u in adv,
        >
        > Dhana

      • Anand Subramanian
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 12, 2007
          Thanks Ved.
          There does seem to be a few minor differences in code/exception handling between IE and Firefox.
          e.g. Using window.event.returnValue = false in IE
          Vs using Return false in Firefox

          (or)
          using event.preventDefault(); in Firefox to prevent default behaviour

          This link http://forums.asp.net/p/1071858/1567305.aspx gives more idea
          We are trying to solve this issue using this.

          thanks

          Anand

          On 10/11/07, dhana_1706 <dhana_1706@yahoo. com> wrote:

          > hi,
          >
          > I am using Mozilla Firefox web browser.. when i run the pages, i am
          > facing many issues like validation problem and alignment problem etc..
          >
          > But in IE Browser it is working..
          >
          > So Kindly tell me, want to include any commands or somefiles have to
          > include ?
          >
          > Thank u in adv,
          >
          > Dhana

        • samaya
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 3, 2007
            hi,
            use document.getElementById() instead of using document.form.textfirld. value in the script validation and etc ....

            regards
            samaya

            I am using Mozilla Firefox web browser.. when i run the pages, i am
            facing many issues like validation problem and alignment problem etc..

            But in IE Browser it is working..

            So Kindly tell me, want to include any commands or somefiles have to
            include ?

            Thank u in adv,

            Dhana

            Get the freedom to save as many mails as you wish. To know how, go to http://help.yahoo.com/l/in/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/tools/tools-08.html

          • Chidu
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 4, 2007
              Hey Dhana,

              You may use the java console or Error console available in Mozilla Firefox
              to trace out the errors. More-over if you do have forms and nested tables on
              the page. then there lies an issue. Better use
              document.getElementById('field-id') to get the reference to the
              object.

              And must solve ur validation problems. and regarding ur alignment problems,
              especially when ur using CSS for the page, then, the alignment really
              differs from, what you actually see, as right in IE6.0. So, Just try to
              optimise for the both the browsers,

              --
              Chidanand. G. B