Re: [bang-phpug] Architecture to save on each page on a train of pages in PHP

  • mithun mandal
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 9, 2007
      I think there is too many way to save information in multi-page forms.

      1. using hidden input field in your form. which will minimize bug too. if you think about data leakage then encrypt the data in hidden field.

      2. You can save data in session and pass session id to the page (not necessary as session set cookie too.)

      3. Database also useful but there is a problem. think that your client go through 1st and 2nd page and he didn't fill up the 3rd form and cancel the operation. then you just put some data into database which does not contain any useful business information except occupying some web space.

      i think this will help you.

      regards
      Mithun Mandal

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 11, 2007
        Hi Mithun & Others,

        Thanks a lot for the answers. As the pages are separate (and optional) by each other, we do store to the db at the end of each page.

        My concern is regarding where the code to store the page information resides - In Page 1 or PAge 2.
        For e.g. in Page 1 user enters values and hits continue button, This brings up page 2. Currently the code to store values from PAge 1 actually resides in PAge 2. Is this the best approach?

        Is there any approach by which I can have the code to store page 1 values in Page 1 itself ?

        Thanks a lot

        Anand

[...]

        <!--

        #ygrp-mlmsg {font-size:13px; font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}
        #ygrp-mlmsg table {font-size:inherit; font:100% ;}
        #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height: 1.22em;}
        #ygrp-text{
        font-family: Georgia;
        }
        #ygrp-text p{
        margin:0 0 1em 0;}
        #ygrp-tpmsgs{
        font-family: Arial;
        clear:both;}
        #ygrp-vitnav{
        padding-top: 10px;font- family:Verdana; font-size: 77%;margin: 0;}
        #ygrp-vitnav a{
        padding:0 1px;}
        #ygrp-actbar{
        clear:both;margin: 25px 0;white-space: nowrap;color: #666;text- align:right; }
        #ygrp-actbar .left{
        float:left;white- space:nowrap; }
        .bld{font-weight: bold;}
        #ygrp-grft{
        font-family: Verdana;font- size:77%; padding:15px 0;}
        #ygrp-ft{
        font-family: verdana;font- size:77%; border-top: 1px solid #666;
        padding:5px 0;
        }
        #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
        padding-bottom: 10px;}

        #ygrp-vital{
        background-color: #e0ecee;margin- bottom:20px; padding:2px 0 8px 8px;}
        #ygrp-vital #vithd{
        font-size:77% ;font-family: Verdana;font- weight:bold; color:#333; text-transform: uppercase; }
        #ygrp-vital ul{
        padding:0;margin: 2px 0;}
        #ygrp-vital ul li{
        list-style-type: none;clear: both;border: 1px solid #e0ecee;
        }
        #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{
        font-weight: bold;color: #ff7900;float: right;width: 2em;text- align:right; padding-right: .5em;}
        #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
        font-weight: bold;}
        #ygrp-vital a {
        text-decoration: none;}

        #ygrp-vital a:hover{
        text-decoration: underline; }

        #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
        color:#999;font- size:77%; }
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
        padding:6px 13px;background- color:#e0ecee; margin-bottom: 20px;}
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
        padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0; }
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
        list-style-type: square;padding: 6px 0;font-size: 77%;}
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
        text-decoration: none;font- size:130% ;}
        #ygrp-sponsor #nc {
        background-color: #eee;margin- bottom:20px; padding:0 8px;}
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
        padding:8px 0;}
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
        font-family: Arial;font- weight:bold; color:#628c2a; font-size: 100%;line- height:122% ;}
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
        text-decoration: none;}
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
        text-decoration: underline; }