Error : unable to chdir to vpopmail/domains

  • ashok kumar
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 16, 2006
      Iam trying to create a new user by using
      /home/vpopmail/bin/vadduser test@... password
      from PHP. When iam running the PHP script from the browser window iam getting the error : " unable to chdir to vpopmail/domains "

      But, Iam create the domain user if I run the same command, from the command prompt.

      Regards
      Ashok.V

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 17, 2006
        Ashok,

        If PHP is configured to run in safe mode, you'll not be able to
        execute any command which is outside the configured directory (usually
        your web root).
        http://in.php.net/features.safe-mode

        One way to try executing your program woule be to copy the binary over
        to your webroot and see if you can execute it from there.

        --------------------
        blogs.vinuthomas.com

        --- In bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com, ashok kumar <vak108@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        > Iam trying to create a new user by using
        > /home/vpopmail/bin/vadduser test@... password
        > from PHP. When iam running the PHP script from the browser window
        iam getting the error : " unable to chdir to vpopmail/domains "

        > But, Iam create the domain user if I run the same command, from
        the command prompt.

        > Regards
        > Ashok.V

      • ashok kumar
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 23, 2006
          Thankq Thomas for your suggestion.
          But at last solved it in another way by changing the visudo file.

          steps to be followed:

          1. go to command prompt.
          2. type visudo and press enter.
          3. add the line : apache ALL=PASSWD /home/vpopmail/bin/vadduser
          4. now save and close the file.
          5. go to the PHP script and add the line `sudo /home/vpopmail/bin/vadduser username@... password`
          6. run the PHP in the browser.