Re: [bang-phpug] Re: problem with smarty literal tag

  • Pritesh Loke
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 9, 2007
      Hello
      When u want to include script dont used literal

      > <script language="JavaScrip t" type="text/javascri pt"
      > src="../js/jsfile. js"></script>
      >

      > But if i use it directly(inline) into my head file it is working
      > e.g2:
      > {literal}
      > <script language="JavaScrip t" type="text/javascri pt" >
      > function something(){
      > if(document. changePass. oldPassword. value == ""){
      > alert("{/literal} {#errenterOldPas s#}{literal} ");
      > document.changePass .oldPassword. focus();
      > return false;
      > }
      > }
      > </script>
      > {/literal}

      Thank you
      PML

      kumar_namburu <kumar_namburu@...> wrote: Hi,

      Smarty will execute the files in the server it self and return the
      values(if any) to the html page ie., browser. If you write same in
      the javascript file it will not execute.it will give the problem, i
      think it made sense to you

      bye.

      --- In bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com, "bhavna_coolinus"
      <bhavna_coolinus@...> wrote:

      > Hi all,
      >
      > I am using smarty with php. problem is literal tag in javascript
      > (.js) file has not been recognised.
      > e.g1:
      > {literal}
      > <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"
      > src="../js/jsfile.js"></script>
      > {/literal}
      >
      > But if i use it directly(inline) into my head file it is working
      > e.g2:
      > {literal}
      > <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" >
      > function something(){
      > if(document.changePass.oldPassword.value == ""){
      > alert("{/literal}{#errenterOldPass#}{literal}");
      > document.changePass.oldPassword.focus();
      > return false;
      > }
      > }
      > </script>
      > {/literal}
      >
      > In e.g1 it is displaying as "{/literal}{#errenterOldPass#}
      {literal}"
      > but in e.g2 its displaying propere word from conf file.
      >

      > Please give me suggetion of this as soon as possible if you know
      it.

      > Thanks,
      > Bhavna.

      PML