Re: [bang-phpug] web services

  • Ramkumar
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 9 6:21 PM

      I have worked only once in accessing a webservice sending data and
      processing response. But the client had given most of the code, and I
      had to just integrate with our system.

      I would also be interested if anyone can suggest a good tutorial on
      creating and accessing webservices in PHP.

      Thank you,

      Ram

      kumar_namburu wrote:

      > Hi all,
      >
      > I would like to learn about Web servies.If you have any help file
      > and examples please send to me.
      >
      > Thanks in advance,
      > Kumar.

    • Anil Konsal
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 10 12:54 AM
        I have worked somewhat with SOAP in PHP. created a SOAP server in PHP
        and two SOAP clients, one in PHP and one in ASP.NET.
        In PHP you have to download the nuSOAP class. you can google for it.
        this is a very gud class which genetares WSDL file automatiacally.
        but i would recomend you that please read some good book and
        clear your basic Fundas of how the webservices work before jumping
        into implementation.

        Thank you,
        Anil Konsal.

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 10 7:05 AM
          The implementation of a SOAP client/server depends on the libraries
          you're planning to use:
          PHP 5 comes with an in-built SOAP extension. Here's how to use it:
          http://devzone.zend.com/article/689-PHP-SOAP-Extension
          http://www.herongyang.com/php/php_soap.html

          If you're planning to use NuSOAP or PEAR::SOAP check the following:
          http://www.devshed.com/c/a/PHP/Developing-SOAP-Clients-using-PHP/
          http://www.codewalkers.com/c/a/Miscellaneous/Using-SOAP-with-PHP/
          http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/php/2003/07/03/php_amazon_soap.html

          blogs.vinuthomas.com