web services

  • kumar_namburu
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 9, 2007
      Hi all,

      I would like to learn about Web servies.If you have any help file
      and examples please send to me.

      Thanks in advance,
      Kumar.
    • Ramkumar
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 9, 2007

        I have worked only once in accessing a webservice sending data and
        processing response. But the client had given most of the code, and I
        had to just integrate with our system.

        I would also be interested if anyone can suggest a good tutorial on
        creating and accessing webservices in PHP.

        Thank you,

        Ram

        kumar_namburu wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > I would like to learn about Web servies.If you have any help file
        > and examples please send to me.
        >
        > Thanks in advance,
        > Kumar.

      • Anil Konsal
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 10, 2007
          I have worked somewhat with SOAP in PHP. created a SOAP server in PHP
          and two SOAP clients, one in PHP and one in ASP.NET.
          In PHP you have to download the nuSOAP class. you can google for it.
          this is a very gud class which genetares WSDL file automatiacally.
          but i would recomend you that please read some good book and
          clear your basic Fundas of how the webservices work before jumping
          into implementation.

          Thank you,
          Anil Konsal.

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 10, 2007
            The implementation of a SOAP client/server depends on the libraries
            you're planning to use:
            PHP 5 comes with an in-built SOAP extension. Here's how to use it:
            http://devzone.zend.com/article/689-PHP-SOAP-Extension
            http://www.herongyang.com/php/php_soap.html

            If you're planning to use NuSOAP or PEAR::SOAP check the following:
            http://www.devshed.com/c/a/PHP/Developing-SOAP-Clients-using-PHP/
            http://www.codewalkers.com/c/a/Miscellaneous/Using-SOAP-with-PHP/
            http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/php/2003/07/03/php_amazon_soap.html

            blogs.vinuthomas.com