document_root on network drive

  • bhavna patel
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 5, 2007
      Hi vinu,

      I am having one query regarding my Document_root in apache settings.
      I have apache installed in my local system but i want source files(project code) from network drive
      so I have changed

      Documentroot "Z:\project_directory"
      <Directory "Z:\project_directory">

      but apache is not getting start. so can you tell me how can i make it run that having php, apache installed in my local system and souce must be from Network drive.

      thanks,
      Bhavna

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 5, 2007
        Bhavna,

        Apache should be able to access the network drive. You can check
        apache's error log to figure out why apache fails to startup.

        -------------------------------
        www.vinuthomas.com
        blogs.vinuthomas.com

        On 9/5/07, bhavna patel <bhavna_coolinus@...> wrote:

        > Hi vinu,
        >
        > I am having one query regarding my Document_root in apache settings.
        > I have apache installed in my local system but i want source files(project code) from network drive
        > so I have changed
        >
        > Documentroot "Z:\project_directory"
        > <Directory "Z:\project_directory">
        >
        > but apache is not getting start. so can you tell me how can i make it run that having php, apache installed in my local system and souce must be from Network drive.
        >
        > thanks,
        > Bhavna

      • bhavna patel
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 5, 2007
          hi,
          As i have change to Documentroot "Z:/project_dir"
          It is giving following error in error log

          [Thu Sep 06 08:23:34 2007] [notice] Parent: Received restart signal -- Restarting the server.
          [Thu Sep 06 08:23:34 2007] [notice] Child 2080: Exit event signaled. Child process is ending.
          [Thu Sep 06 08:23:35 2007] [notice] Child 2080: Released the start mutex
          [Thu Sep 06 08:23:36 2007] [notice] Child 2080: Waiting for 250 worker threads to exit.
          [Thu Sep 06 08:23:41 2007] [notice] Child 2080: All worker threads have exited.
          [Thu Sep 06 08:23:41 2007] [notice] Child 2080: Child process is exiting

          Let me is it something related to read/write permition or something...
          I donn know what to do?

          Bhavna.

          Apache should be able to access the network drive. You can check
          apache's error log to figure out why apache fails to startup.

          www.vinuthomas. com
          blogs.vinuthomas. com

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 6, 2007
            hi bhavna,