How to Install the GD graphics library

  • dhana_1706
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 3, 2007
      Hi,

      I have installed PHP already but GD library is not installed by
      default. I need to install the GD graphics library for displaying or
      creating Image. Can anyone tell me where to download it? and kindly
      tell me the steps to Install GD Library..

      Thank u,
      Dhana
    • Ramkumar
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 3, 2007
        Hi,

        On Win or Linux?
        Installation instruction can be found at http://php.net/gd

        On Windows it is very easy, just uncomment
        ;extension=php_gd2.dll

        in php.ini and make sure the dll is present in the extension_dir

        Ram

        dhana_1706 wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I have installed PHP already but GD library is not installed by
        > default. I need to install the GD graphics library for displaying or
        > creating Image. Can anyone tell me where to download it? and kindly
        > tell me the steps to Install GD Library..
        >
        > Thank u,
        > Dhana

      • Mahabaleshwar
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 5, 2007
          Dear Dhana,

          You have to recompile the php with GD support.

          To enable GD-support configure PHP --with-gd[=DIR], where DIR is the
          GD base install directory. To use the recommended bundled version of
          the GD library (which was first bundled in PHP 4.3.0), use the
          configure option --with-gd.

          more info can be found at http://www.php.net/gd

          regards
          bhat