Send emails to multiple recepients..

  • syam mohan
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 28, 2007
      Hai Friend..

      I need to perform the newsletter section of a web site . How do i send email to multiple receipients(registrered users of the site) . i want to use mail() function. How can i do that please send me some code samples

    • jatinder kaur
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 6, 2007
        hi mohan,

        FIle elist.txt

        firstemail@...
        secondemail@...
        yourplace@...
        another@...

        <?php
        // read the list of emails from the file.
        $email_list = file("elist.txt");

        // count how many emails there are.
        $total_emails = count($email_list);

        // go through the list and trim off the newline character.
        for ($counter=0; $counter<$total_emails; $counter++) {
        $email_list[$counter] = trim($email_list[$counter]);
        }

        // implode the list into a single variable, put commas in, apply as $to
        value.
        $to = implode(",",$email_list);

        $subject = "My email test.";
        $message = "Hello, how are you?";

        if ( mail($to,$subject,$message) ) {
        echo "The email has been sent!";
        } else {
        echo "The email has failed!";
        }
        ?>

        On 8/28/07, syam mohan <syammohan_ch@...> wrote:

        > Hai Friend..
        >
        > I need to perform the newsletter section of a web site . How do i send
        > email to multiple receipients(registrered users of the site) . i want to use
        > mail() function. How can i do that please send me some code samples

      • ganu
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 11, 2007
          hey,

          what about giving this work to some background process.

          let say you have >1000 mails to send and you will send from PHP page and you
          will wait till the >1000 mails are sent. not sure but the page will be
          stuck.

          what about the sending mail from perl. that will be fast and efficient.
          create the mail message and to-mail. make a big perl hash and say exec('perl
          send.pl') or set this in cron.

          so in background perl will send all the mail efficiently and you can
          continue your work in PHP.

          --------
          ganu~ullu