Re: Session is preserving across browser tabs or windows

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 17, 2007
      bhat,
      It's the browser which actually uses the same session across all tabs
      and open windows. The session is closed only when all windows of the
      browser are closed. I don't think there's anything you can do on the
      server side other than manually passing session id's in the URL which
      can help you control that behaviour.

      --- In bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com, "Mahabaleshwar" <mahihs2002@...> wrote:

      > Dear all,
      >
      > I have a problem in PHP session handling. when I open my website in
      > two or more tabs in Firefox, Opera, IE 7.0 or use 'Control+N' in IE
      > 6.0 to open a new window, it is using the same session, so the another
      > tab is just a copy of the previous tab. What i do in one will affect
      > the another and vice-versa. Even if i open Firefox again, it will use
      > the same session of the previous session. But that is not what I need
      > mostly of time, specially when i want to copy information from one
      > place to another in my web application.
      >
      > How to solve this problem, plz help me.
      > Is there any configuration settings I have to do in php/apache.
      >

      > regards,
      > Bhat

    • ganu
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 17, 2007
        hey,

        wow. I have seen your comment on http://in2.php.net/session :)

        -----
        ganu.

        On 8/17/07, Mahabaleshwar <mahihs2002@...> wrote:

        > Dear all,
        >
        > I have a problem in PHP session handling. when I open my website in
        > two or more tabs in Firefox, Opera, IE 7.0 or use 'Control+N' in IE
        > 6.0 to open a new window, it is using the same session, so the another
        > tab is just a copy of the previous tab. What i do in one will affect
        > the another and vice-versa. Even if i open Firefox again, it will use
        > the same session of the previous session. But that is not what I need
        > mostly of time, specially when i want to copy information from one
        > place to another in my web application.
        >
        > How to solve this problem, plz help me.
        > Is there any configuration settings I have to do in php/apache.
        >
        > regards,
        > Bhat

      • Mahabaleshwar
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 19, 2007
          Ok

          I got one solution for this problem

          in php.ini make
          session.use_ cookies = 0

          the problem is using session cookies.if we disable it works fine

          plz tell me is there any problem by doing this?

          thanks for all

          regards,
          bhat

          --- In bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com, ganu <ganu.ullu@...> wrote:

          > hey,
          >
          > wow. I have seen your comment on http://in2.php.net/session :)
          >
          > -----
          > ganu.
          >
          > On 8/17/07, Mahabaleshwar <mahihs2002@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Dear all,
          > >
          > > I have a problem in PHP session handling. when I open my website in
          > > two or more tabs in Firefox, Opera, IE 7.0 or use 'Control+N' in IE
          > > 6.0 to open a new window, it is using the same session, so the another
          > > tab is just a copy of the previous tab. What i do in one will affect
          > > the another and vice-versa. Even if i open Firefox again, it will use
          > > the same session of the previous session. But that is not what I need
          > > mostly of time, specially when i want to copy information from one
          > > place to another in my web application.
          > >
          > > How to solve this problem, plz help me.
          > > Is there any configuration settings I have to do in php/apache.
          > >
          > > regards,
          > > Bhat

        • Mahabaleshwar
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 19, 2007
            Sorry guys....,

            it gives some unexpected results. if there is any in between pages
            which is not loaded in to the browser then in each page it starts new
            session.

            need to do somethingelse i think