Session is preserving across browser tabs or windows

  • Mahabaleshwar
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 16, 2007
      Dear all,

      I have a problem in PHP session handling. when I open my website in
      two or more tabs in Firefox, Opera, IE 7.0 or use 'Control+N' in IE
      6.0 to open a new window, it is using the same session, so the another
      tab is just a copy of the previous tab. What i do in one will affect
      the another and vice-versa. Even if i open Firefox again, it will use
      the same session of the previous session. But that is not what I need
      mostly of time, specially when i want to copy information from one
      place to another in my web application.

      How to solve this problem, plz help me.
      Is there any configuration settings I have to do in php/apache.

      regards,
      Bhat
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 17, 2007
        bhat,
        It's the browser which actually uses the same session across all tabs
        and open windows. The session is closed only when all windows of the
        browser are closed. I don't think there's anything you can do on the
        server side other than manually passing session id's in the URL which
        can help you control that behaviour.

        --- In bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com, "Mahabaleshwar" <mahihs2002@...> wrote:

        > Dear all,
        >
        > I have a problem in PHP session handling. when I open my website in
        > two or more tabs in Firefox, Opera, IE 7.0 or use 'Control+N' in IE
        > 6.0 to open a new window, it is using the same session, so the another
        > tab is just a copy of the previous tab. What i do in one will affect
        > the another and vice-versa. Even if i open Firefox again, it will use
        > the same session of the previous session. But that is not what I need
        > mostly of time, specially when i want to copy information from one
        > place to another in my web application.
        >
        > How to solve this problem, plz help me.
        > Is there any configuration settings I have to do in php/apache.
        >

        > regards,
        > Bhat

      • ganu
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 17, 2007
          hey,

          wow. I have seen your comment on http://in2.php.net/session :)

          -----
          ganu.

          On 8/17/07, Mahabaleshwar <mahihs2002@...> wrote:

          > Dear all,
          >
          > I have a problem in PHP session handling. when I open my website in
          > two or more tabs in Firefox, Opera, IE 7.0 or use 'Control+N' in IE
          > 6.0 to open a new window, it is using the same session, so the another
          > tab is just a copy of the previous tab. What i do in one will affect
          > the another and vice-versa. Even if i open Firefox again, it will use
          > the same session of the previous session. But that is not what I need
          > mostly of time, specially when i want to copy information from one
          > place to another in my web application.
          >
          > How to solve this problem, plz help me.
          > Is there any configuration settings I have to do in php/apache.
          >
          > regards,
          > Bhat

        • Mahabaleshwar
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 19, 2007
            Ok

            I got one solution for this problem

            in php.ini make
            session.use_ cookies = 0

            the problem is using session cookies.if we disable it works fine

            plz tell me is there any problem by doing this?

            thanks for all

            regards,
            bhat

            --- In bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com, ganu <ganu.ullu@...> wrote:

            > hey,
            >
            > wow. I have seen your comment on http://in2.php.net/session :)
            >
            > -----
            > ganu.
            >
            > On 8/17/07, Mahabaleshwar <mahihs2002@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Dear all,
            > >
            > > I have a problem in PHP session handling. when I open my website in
            > > two or more tabs in Firefox, Opera, IE 7.0 or use 'Control+N' in IE
            > > 6.0 to open a new window, it is using the same session, so the another
            > > tab is just a copy of the previous tab. What i do in one will affect
            > > the another and vice-versa. Even if i open Firefox again, it will use
            > > the same session of the previous session. But that is not what I need
            > > mostly of time, specially when i want to copy information from one
            > > place to another in my web application.
            > >
            > > How to solve this problem, plz help me.
            > > Is there any configuration settings I have to do in php/apache.
            > >
            > > regards,
            > > Bhat

          • Mahabaleshwar
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 19, 2007
              Sorry guys....,

              it gives some unexpected results. if there is any in between pages
              which is not loaded in to the browser then in each page it starts new
              session.

              need to do somethingelse i think