Data mismatch while reading xml thro parsing

  • guruj_r
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 14, 2007

      There is a requirement in our company to parse the xml and load
      the data in database and can be used for processing.

      I have used xml_parse command to parse through the xml and get
      the data.

      In my xml, the apostrophe (') is changes as follows ' and >
      symbol is changed as > and due to this the data read by the above
      method is not correct (skips some characters).

      The sample data would look like

      <freehand>HERE AT LONESTAR CHRYSLER DODGE JEEP WE DON'T
      MISS DEALS BECAUSE OF PRICE! </freehand>

      The data given by xml_parse is "T MISS DEALS BECAUSE OF PRICE!"
      instead of "HERE AT LONESTAR CHRYSLER DODGE JEEP WE DON'T MISS
      DEALS BECAUSE OF PRICE!"

      Any help regarding this would be required...
      Thanks in advance,

      Regards,
      Guru