How to delete history

  • bhavna_coolinus
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 3, 2007
      Hi all,

      My problem is how to delete history after coming into home page of my
      application. i am using cookies to get user information, I am also
      deleting these cookies when he is redirected to home page, but still
      user can see previous visited pages by back and forward buttons of
      application, i want to disable Back/foraward buttons of explorer or
      want to delete history in client machine to not show previos pages.

      Is there any suggetion for this issue? Please let me know if i have to
      apply some logic to restrict this problem,

      Thanks in advance,
      Bhavna.
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 3, 2007
        Rather than disable the back/forward buttons on the browser, you can
        send a header with your pages telling the browser not to cache the
        pages. You can do this in PHP by setting an older date in the expires
        header and sending a pragma: no-cache directive. Doing this will give
        the users a page expired message instead of showing the pages from
        the cache.

        <?php
        header('Expires: Mon, 26 Jul 1997 05:00:00 GMT');
        header('Pragma: no-cache');
        ?>

        Place this on all the pages which you don't want to show the user
        after they logout.

        --
        -------------------------------
        www.vinuthomas.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 3, 2007
          i have no idea about postgress sql how to create login and registration form
          plz help me or send url code source if u have
        • ganu
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 5, 2007
            google is best friend for all :)
            use google cheatsheet if you are not getting your result. -
            http://www.google.com/help/cheatsheet.html

            after your try if you are getting any error I can help you.

            ---
            ganu

            On 8/3/07, binay tiwary <binay4ever@...> wrote:

            > i have no idea about postgress sql how to create login and registration
            > form
            > plz help me or send url code source if u have

          • bhavna patel
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 6, 2007
              Hey thanks alot Vinu.. it worked. I was not aware of this matter. :(
              anyways thank you very much.

              --
              www.vinuthomas. com