Re: [bang-phpug] How to send a mail in background when user hits a button to get the details...

  • ganu
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2007
      hey,

      what about using the perl in your script.
      perl will send mail fast.

      on the click from php page call exec() to any perl file.
      in perl file - greb all your content what you want to send and make it in
      perl hash.

      thats it. and tell your PHP page to go to next page. and in the background
      the perl code will send the mail.

      this is helpfull if you have to send some > 100 kind of invitation. so till
      then you can not tell your PHP to wait
      for sending all your msg. The end user can not wait till that long time. :(

      addition. :: the background PHP will also be fast. :) but perl will be more
      fast. it again depend what you want to send. :)

      --
      Ganu ~ Ullu