Re: [bang-phpug] How to send a mail in background when user hits a button to get the details...

  • Jeyaseelan
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 30 10:27 PM
      Using command line we can do this.
      Here we can use 2 options for sending mail i think
      1. Commandline execution use like exec() or shell_exec()
      2. Using ajax call

      Regards,
      Jeyaseelan

      Chidu <chidanandmba@...> wrote: Hi ,

      Its very simple, on the POST event of the button click call the phpmailer
      class to send the email... with all other variables and the mail()
      function...

      --
      Chidanand. G. B
      +91-98456-51235

    • ganu
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2, 2007
        hey,

        what about using the perl in your script.
        perl will send mail fast.

        on the click from php page call exec() to any perl file.
        in perl file - greb all your content what you want to send and make it in
        perl hash.

        thats it. and tell your PHP page to go to next page. and in the background
        the perl code will send the mail.

        this is helpfull if you have to send some > 100 kind of invitation. so till
        then you can not tell your PHP to wait
        for sending all your msg. The end user can not wait till that long time. :(

        addition. :: the background PHP will also be fast. :) but perl will be more
        fast. it again depend what you want to send. :)

        --
        Ganu ~ Ullu