How to send a mail in background when user hits a button to get the details...

  • guruj_r
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 30, 2007
      I have a requirement that mail to be sent at the background when the
      user needs data from a particular website...

      Meaning it is a product related website - on the product details page
      there is a button to contact the seller. On hitting the button the
      mail to be sent to seller.

      I need the process about how to send a mail to the seller as soon as
      possible when the user hits the button...

      Thanks in advance...

      Guru
    • Chidu
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 30, 2007
        Hi ,

        Its very simple, on the POST event of the button click call the phpmailer
        class to send the email... with all other variables and the mail()
        function...

        --
        Chidanand. G. B
        +91-98456-51235

      • Jeyaseelan
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 30, 2007
          Using command line we can do this.
          Here we can use 2 options for sending mail i think
          1. Commandline execution use like exec() or shell_exec()
          2. Using ajax call

          Regards,
          Jeyaseelan

          Chidu <chidanandmba@...> wrote: Hi ,

          --
          Chidanand. G. B
          +91-98456-51235

        • ganu
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 2 3:16 AM
            hey,

            what about using the perl in your script.
            perl will send mail fast.

            on the click from php page call exec() to any perl file.
            in perl file - greb all your content what you want to send and make it in
            perl hash.

            thats it. and tell your PHP page to go to next page. and in the background
            the perl code will send the mail.

            this is helpfull if you have to send some > 100 kind of invitation. so till
            then you can not tell your PHP to wait
            for sending all your msg. The end user can not wait till that long time. :(

            addition. :: the background PHP will also be fast. :) but perl will be more
            fast. it again depend what you want to send. :)

            --
            Ganu ~ Ullu