Plz help / giv some resources about custom URL structure

  • Anees
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 20, 2007
      Hi,

      I implemented Wordpress for one of my client's site.

      In its admin section they are giving an option to use Custom URL Structure

      » http://www.test.com/blog/?p=123

      Date and name based
      » http://www.test.com/blog/2007/07/21/sample-post/

      Numeric
      » http://www.test.com/blog/archives/123

      Dis are the methods they given

      how does we implement dis....

      i saw the same other kind f implementation in digg.com also

      In dat site to call a Post named "Secret Buildings You May Not Photograph, Part 643"
      they used a link like
      http://digg.com/politics/Secret_Buildings_You_May_Not_Photograph_Part_643_2

      Please tell me how we can implement dis
      how can we manage dis

      whether the whole string (Secret_Buildings_You_May_Not_Photograph_Part_643_2) they might hav been take as a variable?

      if i want to implement the same though PHP, can i go with any read url method to get the value of dat?

      Please Help

      Regards
      Anees Muhammed
      ___________

    • CS Shyam Sundar
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 21, 2007
        Hi.,

        its extrmely simple:

        You need apache with mod_Rewrite module

        See: http://www.yourhtmlsource.com/sitemanagement/urlrewriting.html

        Then: see this: http://forums.searchenginewatch.com/showthread.php?t=3925

        Use this cheat sheet too:
        http://www.ilovejackdaniels.com/apache/mod_rewrite-cheat-sheet/

        On 7/20/07, Anees <anees_muhd@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I implemented Wordpress for one of my client's site.
        >
        > In its admin section they are giving an option to use Custom URL Structure

        > » http://www.test.com/blog/?p=123
        >
        > Date and name based
        > » http://www.test.com/blog/2007/07/21/sample-post/
        >
        > Numeric
        > » http://www.test.com/blog/archives/123
        >
        > Dis are the methods they given
        >
        > how does we implement dis....
        >
        > i saw the same other kind f implementation in digg.com also
        >
        > In dat site to call a Post named "Secret Buildings You May Not Photograph,
        > Part 643"
        > they used a link like
        >
        > http://digg.com/politics/Secret_Buildings_You_May_Not_Photograph_Part_643_2
        >
        > Please tell me how we can implement dis
        > how can we manage dis
        >
        > whether the whole string
        > (Secret_Buildings_You_May_Not_Photograph_Part_643_2) they might hav been
        > take as a variable?
        >
        > if i want to implement the same though PHP, can i go with any read url
        > method to get the value of dat?
        >
        > Please Help
        >
        > Regards
        > Anees Muhammed

        CS Shyam Sundar

        "In our world of game and con: there is always an opponent and there is
        always a victim. The trick: is to know when you're the latter, so you can
        become the former."