need help in javascript

  • bhavna patel
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 20, 2007
      Hi ,

      Can any one tell me using which event we can know weather web page is going to close.

      I need to refresh my page continuous on the server its containing some background process, But when any one try to close this page I have make confirmation before closin page, for this I got one solution that is if i use onbeforeunload event of <body>

      But my problem is if i call any function onbeforeunload i have to chek weather page has been refreshed or closed. if refresh then let it be continuw but on close i want to restrict the user.

      If need some help of javascript experts. please let me know if anybody can help me out on this problem or any new suggetion other than onbeforeunload event.

      Thanks in advance,
      Bhavna.

    • Madesh waran