How to get the web page with the Query string...

  • guruj_r
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2, 2007

      I am in a requirement that i need to restrict the no. of records
      shown in a page to some 10 records (Search page) and pagination to
      be done. Need to show the No. of pages at the bottom. Each page
      should lead to that page with specific records eg., first page - 1-
      10 records, second page - 11-20 records,...

      I have found about "how to restrict the records and display it"
      (by using Limit in the sql Query).

      But my only problem is i need to frame the sql query with the
      inputs given by the user in the previous page which is available in
      the query string... Now i need to pass the same query string to each
      page (while navigation) so that i can restrict and show the records
      based on Limit applied to the query...

      Can anyone help if you knew the answer...

      Thanks in advance,

      Regards,
      Guru
    • Chidu
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2, 2007
        On 7/2/07, guruj_r <guruj_r@...> wrote:
        Hi,

        I am in a requirement that i need to restrict the no. of records
        shown in a page to some 10 records (Search page) and pagination to
        be done. Need to show the No. of pages at the bottom. Each page
        should lead to that page with specific records eg., first page - 1-
        10 records, second page - 11-20 records,...

        I have found about "how to restrict the records and display it"
        (by using Limit in the sql Query).

        But my only problem is i need to frame the sql query with the
        inputs given by the user in the previous page which is available in
        the query string... Now i need to pass the same query string to each
        page (while navigation) so that i can restrict and show the records
        based on Limit applied to the query...

        Can anyone help if you knew the answer...

        Thanks in advance,

        Regards,
        Guru

        Hey Guru,

        First look for the total no. of records and using LIMIT 0,0 in the sql, then
        based on the user specifications of the number of pages to be displayed,
        keep that value as a session variable (or pass the value thru the url ) and
        then fetch those no. of records using the same limit...

        --
        Chidanand. G. B
        +91-98456-51235

      • Amit Rana
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 3, 2007
          If number of parameters and their values are small i.e. query string
          is not very huge append it to each pager link i.e. page 1, page 2,
          next etc
          If there are lots of paraneters, create a form with hidden variables
          and post that form on click of your pager links.

          HTH

          --- In bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com, "guruj_r" <guruj_r@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > I am in a requirement that i need to restrict the no. of records
          > shown in a page to some 10 records (Search page) and pagination to
          > be done. Need to show the No. of pages at the bottom. Each page
          > should lead to that page with specific records eg., first page - 1-
          > 10 records, second page - 11-20 records,...
          >
          > I have found about "how to restrict the records and display it"
          > (by using Limit in the sql Query).
          >
          > But my only problem is i need to frame the sql query with the
          > inputs given by the user in the previous page which is available in
          > the query string... Now i need to pass the same query string to each
          > page (while navigation) so that i can restrict and show the records
          > based on Limit applied to the query...
          >
          > Can anyone help if you knew the answer...
          >
          > Thanks in advance,
          >
          > Regards,
          > Guru

        • Koushik G raj
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 4, 2007
            In pagination link, send same old query string with same name and value.

            for eg displaypage.php?recordset=20 & oldname=oldvalue.

            Amit Rana <amitrana77@...> wrote: If number of parameters and their values are small i.e. query string