how to know when mysql_query execution finished

  • bhavna_coolinus
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 18, 2007
      hi i have to execute update query one by one in mysql using php, once
      first query finish then only second query shold run bcoz it has to
      fetch affected fields of previous query..

      cosicutive function call does not update database properly, as i have
      tried like this

      changeInOutTime($dblink,$id,$inTime,$outTime,$date);
      deductCoffeeTime($dblink,$id,$inTime,$outTime,$date);
      deductLunchTime($dblink,$id,$inTime,$outTime,$date);

      once changeInOutTime finish then only next function should call...
      I have tried putting sleep() in between but its not runnig properly..

      if anyone can help please let me know

      Bhavna