Video Conversion

  • Binoy
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 14, 2007
      Hi,

      Anybody knows any command line tool (I will pass the neccessary
      parameters from my php file) that will convert video files (wmv, mpeg
      etc) into flash ? For example, youtube is converting the files on the
      fly and it is showing inside the flash plug-in.

      Thanks in advance

      Binoy
    • Sateesh SV
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 14, 2007
        Dear binoy,
        Use ffmpeg for converting video to flv(flash) files. ffmpeg is the best open source command line tool for video conversion.

        Regards,
        Sateesh

        Anybody knows any command line tool (I will pass the neccessary

        parameters from my php file) that will convert video files (wmv, mpeg

        etc) into flash ? For example, youtube is converting the files on the

        fly and it is showing inside the flash plug-in.

        Thanks in advance

        Binoy

        <!--

        #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
        #ygrp-text{
        font-family:Georgia;
        }
        #ygrp-text p{
        margin:0 0 1em 0;}
        #ygrp-tpmsgs{
        font-family:Arial;
        clear:both;}
        #ygrp-vitnav{
        #ygrp-vitnav a{
        padding:0 1px;}
        #ygrp-actbar{
        #ygrp-actbar .left{
        float:left;white-space:nowrap;}
        .bld{font-weight:bold;}
        #ygrp-grft{
        #ygrp-ft{
        padding:5px 0;
        }
        #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
        padding-bottom:10px;}

        #ygrp-vital{
        #ygrp-vital #vithd{
        #ygrp-vital ul{
        padding:0;margin:2px 0;}
        #ygrp-vital ul li{
        }
        #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{
        #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
        font-weight:bold;}
        #ygrp-vital a {
        text-decoration:none;}

        #ygrp-vital a:hover{
        text-decoration:underline;}

        #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
        color:#999;font-size:77%;}
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
        padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0;}
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
        text-decoration:none;font-size:130%;}
        #ygrp-sponsor #nc {
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
        padding:8px 0;}
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
        text-decoration:none;}
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
        text-decoration:underline;}
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
        margin:0;}
        o {font-size:0;}
        .MsoNormal {
        margin:0 0 0 0;}
        #ygrp-text tt{
        font-size:120%;}
        blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}
        .replbq {margin:4;}
        -->

      • Santhosh Nair
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 14, 2007
          Hi Binoy

          for video conversion , use ffmpeg
          u will get ffmpeg.exe file
          from the command line u can do the conversion like ffmpeg -i inputfile outputfile

          Cheers..

          v@...> wrote:

          Hi,

          Anybody knows any command line tool (I will pass the neccessary
          parameters from my php file) that will convert video files (wmv, mpeg
          etc) into flash ? For example, youtube is converting the files on the
          fly and it is showing inside the flash plug-in.

          Thanks in advance

          Binoy

          Regards
          Santhosh