PHP and SEO url

  • Pritesh Loke
    Message 1 of 3 , May 14 3:15 AM
      Hello to all,
      Can any body tell me what is php SEO url's ? is it used for search engine like google and others.

      Thank you
      PML

      Message 2 of 3 , May 14 5:44 AM
        SEO friendly URL's are generally any URL which doesn't have data
        passed through the query string. For example if you have a product
        display page, who's URL looks like:
        http://www.site.com/product.php?prodid=1$action=view

        Search engines sometime ignore everything after product.php so all the
        product pages may not get indexed by the search engine.

        You may change that to something like:
        http://www.site.com/product/view/1
        which is a SEO friendly URL.

        You'll have to have a little help from Apache too to implement
        something like this.

        Here are some links to get you started:
        http://www.contentwithstyle.co.uk/Articles/64/
        http://www.seochat.com/c/a/Search-Engine-Optimization-Help/PHP-Search-Engine-Optimization/
        http://www.webconfs.com/url-rewriting-tool.php

        --- In bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com, Pritesh Loke <priteshloke@...> wrote:

        > Hello to all,
        > Can any body tell me what is php SEO url's ? is
        it used for search engine like google and others.

        > Thank you
        > PML

      • CS Shyam Sundar
        Message 3 of 3 , May 14 9:25 AM
          Hi.,

          Its called search engine friendly URLs.

          It can be achieved using mod_rewrite.

          See this blog entry:
          http://csshyamsundar.wordpress.com/2006/12/05/search-engine-friendly-urls-in-php/

          --
          CS Shyam Sundar

          "In our world of game and con: there is always an opponent and there is
          always a victim. The trick: is to know when you're the latter, so you can
          become the former."