Tabless CSS Problem

  • pannet1@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 10, 2007
      Dear List,

      I have done this www.zigmainfosoft.com/yuvapos form, just now,
      CSS is here www.zigmainfosoft.com/yuvapos/newform.css.
      the following were the objectives.

      1) No tables.
      2) Application should work in IE and Firefox, thats all.

      I was unable to align the inputs on the right side as I can with the left side with display: block
      selector. I have worked around by positioning every label on the right so as to right align the inputs
      with 2px right margin.

      I wish to make the Grand
      Total(textfield) flow from Top (present location) to bottom so that it
      matches the height of the address textarea on the left. I have tried various methods using z-index,
      display, float, position without result or with side effects.

      Can you please tell me
      1) how this can be achieved
      2) if there is any better way to align the fields on the right side with fewer lines of code.

      Thanks in anticipation.

      ps: the empty area in the middle has an iframe for the details table which i have left blank for clarity.

      Best Regards
      B Karthick

      Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.