Re: isset for submit button problem is solved

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 18, 2007
      Register_globals is not a very secure way to get your programs to work
      on PHP. I would suggest that you don't switch on register globals
      since that would open up a can of worms on the security side.

      I would suggest that you use $_GET and $_POST to get your values instead.

      Take a look at the following links:
      http://wiki.geeklog.net/wiki/index.php/Register_globals
      http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Programming:PHP:Register_Globals

      --- In bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com, Vishwanath B <vishwanath_cse@...>
      wrote:

      > hi all...
      > thanks for all of u who helped me in this isset problem
      > ....to work this program correctly we need to set
      > register_globals=on in php.ini....
      > and observe that i didnt use any method or action in form tag
      also....

      > <head>
      > <title>Untitled Document</title>
      > </head>
      > <?
      > if(isset($sub))
      > {
      > echo "hi";
      > }
      > ?>
      > <form name="frm">
      > <input type="submit" name="sub" value="Click">
      > </form>

    • Vishwanath B
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 19, 2007
        hi...vinu
        thank u very much.....now i am clear..in using the...isset..and i have read the infomartion in the links wat u have given....and i tried with some examples also...i came to know the difference...
        thanks once again....
        regards
        vishwanath