isset for submit button problem is solved

  • Vishwanath B
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 18 4:38 AM
      hi all...
      thanks for all of u who helped me in this isset problem
      ....to work this program correctly we need to set
      register_globals=on in php.ini....
      and observe that i didnt use any method or action in form tag also....

      <head>
      <title>Untitled Document</title>
      </head>
      <?
      if(isset($sub))
      {
      echo "hi";
      }
      ?>
      <form name="frm">
      <input type="submit" name="sub" value="Click">
      </form>

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 18 11:38 PM
        Register_globals is not a very secure way to get your programs to work
        on PHP. I would suggest that you don't switch on register globals
        since that would open up a can of worms on the security side.

        I would suggest that you use $_GET and $_POST to get your values instead.

        Take a look at the following links:
        http://wiki.geeklog.net/wiki/index.php/Register_globals
        http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Programming:PHP:Register_Globals

        --- In bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com, Vishwanath B <vishwanath_cse@...>
        wrote:

        > hi all...
        > thanks for all of u who helped me in this isset problem
        > ....to work this program correctly we need to set
        > register_globals=on in php.ini....
        > and observe that i didnt use any method or action in form tag
        also....

        > <head>
        > <title>Untitled Document</title>
        > </head>
        > <?
        > if(isset($sub))
        > {
        > echo "hi";
        > }
        > ?>
        > <form name="frm">
        > <input type="submit" name="sub" value="Click">
        > </form>

      • Vishwanath B
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 19 1:59 AM
          hi...vinu
          thank u very much.....now i am clear..in using the...isset..and i have read the infomartion in the links wat u have given....and i tried with some examples also...i came to know the difference...
          thanks once again....
          regards
          vishwanath