DOUBT REGARDING CRON TAB

  • KARTHIKEYAN RANGASWAMY
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 7, 2007
      Hello Friends,

      I am karthikeyan.I am using MYSQL and PHP.i have one table in mysql database with date as one field.I want to delete the records that are 10 days old.For This Purpose i am using Cron Tab Facility Given in my server.As You Know that Cron Tab can be executed by 2 means
      Using command line or control Panel..

      MY server has control Panel called Cron Tab with two buttons namely standard and advanced unix style.I have created one php file stored it in a folder named "www"so the full path to file is www.itsfreeads.com/delete.php.I have chosen standard option and email address where ouput to be sent is given my mail address:karthikranga83@... the command to run text box i have given as

      cd home/itsfreea/public_html/www.itsfreeads.com/delete.php

      The Time I have Given for one minute just for the purpose of testing but the actual time is that it has to run daily one time

      The output i was getting in my mail address nothing but a blank mail and in sometimes ouput i got was no such file or directory in home/itsfreea/public_html/www.itsfreeads.com/delete.php

      Please Help me in this issue as it is urgent and i am new to cron tab.If Cron tab can be executed in command line how it can be done.I have downloaded a tool called putty and try to execute it but also no improvement

      Please Help Me in this issue

      Rgds,
      Karthikeyan.R

    • Muguntharaj Subramanian
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 8, 2007
        Hi Karthikeyan,
        have you included the slash (/) before home? That might have lead to this
        error also.
        Try this:
        /home/itsfreea/public_html/www.itsfreeads.com/delete.php

        (note the '/' before home).

        If the above method doesnot solve, i will suggest the following workaround:
        try doing wget of http://www.itsfreeads.com/delete.php in the cron job.

        Regards,
        Mugunth

        http://mugunth.blogspot.com
        http://thamizha.com
        http://tamilblogs.com

        --
        http://webspace2host.com
        "Your friendly hosting provider"

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 9, 2007
          Hi Karthikeyan,

          The command you may want to run would be
          php /home/itsfreea/public_html/www.itsfreeads.com/delete.php
          instead of cd. cd just tries changing to current directory which is
          why you got the invalid path error.

          You may also want to provide the full path to the php executable. For
          example if php resides in /usr/bin, the command to run would be:
          /usr/bin/php /home/itsfreea/public_html/www.itsfreeads.com/delete.php

          www.vinuthomas.com
          blogs.vinuthomas.com