Indexing PDF files

  • thisistrinath
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 4, 2007
      Hello,
      I am trying to index my site using PHP to create a search
      facility. I finished the indexing of HTML part but I don't know how to
      index the pdf files on my site.
      Can any of you tell me how to index pdf files using PHP? I
      don't know what function or method to use to achieve this and this is
      the step stopping me from moving ahead.
      Thank you
    • veevin06
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 5, 2007
        --- In bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com, "thisistrinath" <thisistrinath@...>
        wrote:

        > Can any of you tell me how to index pdf files using PHP? I
        > don't know what function or method to use to achieve this and this is
        > the step stopping me from moving ahead.
        > Thank you

        Have you tried phpdig ?? http://www.phpdig.net/

        It creates a fulltext index of the pdf files. It does a full text
        index on HTML also.

        BTW , what system you have used to index the HTML files.

        Vinod
      • Amit Rana
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 6, 2007
          This link might help
          http://www.searchtools.com/info/pdf.html

          --- original msg -----
          Posted by: "thisistrinath" thisistrinath@...
          thisistrinath
          Wed Apr 4, 2007 11:31 pm (PST)
          Hello,
          I am trying to index my site using PHP to create a
          search
          facility. I finished the indexing of HTML part but I
          don't know how to
          index the pdf files on my site.
          Can any of you tell me how to index pdf files using
          PHP? I
          don't know what function or method to use to achieve
          this and this is
          the step stopping me from moving ahead.
          Thank you

          Need Mail bonding?
        • Vinod Kumar
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 6, 2007
            Have you tried phpdig(http://phpdig.net).
            It can also be used to index html files.
            BTW, how are you indexing the HTML files now ?

            Vinod

            Subject: [bang-phpug] Indexing PDF files

            Hello,

            I am trying to index my site using PHP to create a search

            facility. I finished the indexing of HTML part but I don't know how to

            index the pdf files on my site.

            Can any of you tell me how to index pdf files using PHP? I

            don't know what function or method to use to achieve this and this is

            the step stopping me from moving ahead.

            Thank you

            <!--

            #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}