helme out...

  • senthil kumar
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 4, 2007
      hi guys

      i has situation like this i want to run the particular php script whenever
      some data comes from the (pc com port).i dont know when it comes,usually we
      run the sript by opening the browser and type the path in the address
      bar.sohow to do all when data comes from com
      port.if any other way to solve this please any one guide me...its very
      urgent....

      --
      regards senthilkumar

    • Amit Rana
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 4, 2007
        Do you have a script to monitor pc com port? Write a
        program in java (or language of your choice, I dont
        think you can do this in php) which will wait for data
        to come and as soon as it recvs anything it will run
        the php script as a system call.

        HTH

        i has situation like this i want to run the particular
        php script whenever
        some data comes from the (pc com port).i dont know
        when it comes,usually we
        run the sript by opening the browser and type the path
        in the address
        bar.sohow to do all when data comes from com
        port.if any other way to solve this please any one
        guide me...its very
        urgent....

        --
        regards senthilkumar

        It's here! Your new message!
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 8, 2007
          You can check out the following links:
          1. For windows there is a php extension which allows you to
          communicate with your serial port:
          http://www.easyvitools.com/phpserial/index.html
          2. On linux, you can use the following PHP class:
          http://www.phpclasses.org/browse/package/3679.html

          www.vinuthomas.com
          blogs.vinuthomas.com

          --- In bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com, "senthil kumar"