Need Help in Deleting Record In Mysql

  • KARTHIKEYAN RANGASWAMY
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 30, 2007
      Hello Friends,

      I am working on PHP.i am using Mysql as database.What i want is i am storing records in table with date as one field.Suppose if i stores one record today in the date field it will be stored with current date(2007-03-30).The Records should be deleted automatically after 10 days time.Each Record should be present in the database for only 10 days.how to do that one.Somebody is telling me that it can be done Using Cron Tab and someone is telling that Using Stored Procedure in Mysql it can be done.I Dont have any idea about this two.Anybody will please guide me in this issue it is urgent

      Rgds,
      Karthikeyan.R

    • jatinder kaur
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 30, 2007
        hi karthi...,
        first u will write a query where ...... using where
        date_add(datetime,interval 10 days) in config file then in c panel u will
        set that config as cron job .
        jatinder

        On 30 Mar 2007 07:26:41 -0700, KARTHIKEYAN RANGASWAMY <
        karthikranga83@...> wrote:

        > Hello Friends,
        >
        > I am working on PHP.i am using Mysql as database.What i want is i am
        > storing records in table with date as one field.Suppose if i stores one
        > record today in the date field it will be stored with current
        > date(2007-03-30).The Records should be deleted automatically after 10 days
        > time.Each Record should be present in the database for only 10 days.how to
        > do that one.Somebody is telling me that it can be done Using Cron Tab and
        > someone is telling that Using Stored Procedure in Mysql it can be done.IDont have any idea about this
        > two.Anybody will please guide me in this issue it is urgent
        >
        > Rgds,
        > Karthikeyan.R

      • Ved Prakash
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 30, 2007
          Karthikeyan,

          The easiest method is running a cronjob. you can find more details here
          http://www.unixgeeks.org/security/newbie/unix/cron-1.html

          set it to call your php file every 10 days and run a delete query on
          your table to delete all the records matching the criteria specified.
        • ansar ansar
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 30, 2007
            Hi Karthikeyan,

            The simple way to do is set a cron job to run in daily basis. Write a script which does the job of deleting the record and call it by cron job once in a day. For setting cron job google it you will get lot of tips. Hope this will help you

            Hint:-Put this query in the script which u r writing it will delete all the records older than 10 days:-

            $query = "DELETE FROM tablename WHERE date < DATE_SUB(CURDATE(),INTERVAL 10 DAY)";

            Regards,
            Ansar Ahmed

            Software Engineer
            Impelsys India Pvt Limited
            Bangalore.

            I am working on PHP.i am using Mysql as database.What i want is i am storing records in table with date as one field.Suppose if i stores one record today in the date field it will be stored with current date(2007-03- 30).The Records should be deleted automatically after 10 days time.Each Record should be present in the database for only 10 days.how to do that one.Somebody is telling me that it can be done Using Cron Tab and someone is telling that Using Stored Procedure in Mysql it can be done.I Dont have any idea about this two.Anybody will please guide me in this issue it is urgent

            Rgds,

            Karthikeyan. R

            <!--

            #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}