Re: Get HTML code of a web page

  • thisistrinath
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 10, 2007
      Ok I understand that $content is now a string containing HTML code of
      the given URL. But now when I did the following, it displays nothing.

      <?
      $content=file_get_contents("http://www.google.com");
      $show=substr($content,0,50);
      echo $show;
      ?>

      why is it so?
      I want the $show to display its content
      Please post. Thank you

      --- In bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com, "Ankur Dave" <ankurd@...> wrote:

      > The easiest one is ..
      > http://in2.php.net/manual/en/function.file-get-contents.php
      >
      > <?
      > $content=file_get_contents("http://www.google.com");
      > echo $content;
      > ?>
      >
      > so now $content is in html format.
      >
      > -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      > Regards :: Ankur Dave :: http://ullu.wordpress.com

      individual or entity to whom they are addressed and is subject to
      legal privilege. If you have received this e-mail in error you should
      notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail, delete the message from
      your system and notify your system manager. Please do not copy it for
      any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person. The views
      or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author
      and do not necessarily represent those of the company. The recipient
      should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of
      viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused,
      directly or indirectly, by any virus transmitted in this email.