RE: [bang-phpug] Get HTML code of a web page

  • Ankur Dave
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 10, 2007
      The easiest one is ..
      http://in2.php.net/manual/en/function.file-get-contents.php

      <?
      $content=file_get_contents("http://www.google.com");
      echo $content;
      ?>

      so now $content is in html format.

      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      Regards :: Ankur Dave :: http://ullu.wordpress.com

      -----Original Message-----
      From: bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com [mailto:bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of thisistrinath
      Sent: Saturday, March 10, 2007 5:49 AM
      To: bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [bang-phpug] Get HTML code of a web page

      Hi everyone,
      I want to know that how can I obtain HTML source code of a web page
      with the use of a built-in PHP function(s). It should work like if I
      provide the URL to it, it will in turn provide me its entire HTML code
      or may be just the content inside specific tag like body, head, title
      etc.
      Please reply.
      Thank you

      Great things are happening at Yahoo! Groups. See the new email design.
      http://us.click.yahoo.com/lOt0.A/hOaOAA/yQLSAA/_____B/TM

      The information contained in, or attached to, this e-mail, contains confidential information and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed and is subject to legal privilege. If you have received this e-mail in error you should notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail, delete the message from your system and notify your system manager. Please do not copy it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person. The views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused, directly or indirectly, by any virus transmitted in this email.

      www.aztecsoft.com
    • thisistrinath
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 10, 2007
        Ok I understand that $content is now a string containing HTML code of
        the given URL. But now when I did the following, it displays nothing.

        <?
        $content=file_get_contents("http://www.google.com");
        $show=substr($content,0,50);
        echo $show;