Re: [bang-phpug] problem in form submit

  • pritesh loke
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 9 6:20 AM
      Hello
      my problem is how i clear post data at refresh time not db problems
      pls give me any idea if you know.
      Thank you

      CS Shyam Sundar <csshyamsundar@...> wrote: Dude.,

      This is damn simple.,

      Before entering details to DB check if an entry already exists in the
      database.
      If it exists dont enter the details., !!!

      On 09 Mar 2007 05:38:03 -0800, pritesh loke <priteshloke@...> wrote:

      > Hello To all
      > I have one smoll but big problem.I created one form which is my
      > registration. see this code
      > <form method=post>
      > <input type=text name=fname />
      > <input type=submit name=submit />
      > </form>
      > <?
      > if(isset($_POST[submit]))
      > {
      > //enter in database
      > }
      > ?>
      > this type of ode mostally i used when i submitting the form but problem is
      > here when any user refresh the page after enter the value the last post
      > value will go in the database.
      >
      > pls tell me the solution
      >
      > Thank you

      CS Shyam Sundar

      "In our world of game and con: there is always an opponent and there is
      always a victim. The trick: is to know when you're the latter, so you can
      become the former."

    • Vishwanath B
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 9 11:33 PM
        hi...
        i think this may help you....while inserting into database u can check the condition whether the value is in database or not.if not then only insert into database. and don't give any else condition....

        try this.....

        ok...bye

        I have one smoll but big problem.I created one form which is my registration. see this code

        <form method=post>

        <input type=text name=fname />

        <input type=submit name=submit />

        </form>

        <?

        if(isset($_POST[ submit]))

        {

        //enter in database

        }

        ?>

        this type of ode mostally i used when i submitting the form but problem is here when any user refresh the page after enter the value the last post value will go in the database.

        pls tell me the solution

        Thank you

        <!--

        #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
        #ygrp-text{
        font-family:Georgia;
        }
        #ygrp-text p{
        margin:0 0 1em 0;
        }
        #ygrp-tpmsgs{
        font-family:Arial;
        clear:both;
        }
        #ygrp-vitnav{
        padding-top:10px;
        font-family:Verdana;
        font-size:77%;
        margin:0;
        }
        #ygrp-vitnav a{
        padding:0 1px;
        }
        #ygrp-actbar{
        clear:both;
        margin:25px 0;
        white-space:nowrap;
        color:#666;
        text-align:right;
        }
        #ygrp-actbar .left{
        float:left;
        white-space:nowrap;
        }
        .bld{font-weight:bold;}
        #ygrp-grft{
        font-family:Verdana;
        font-size:77%;
        padding:15px 0;
        }
        #ygrp-ft{
        font-family:verdana;
        font-size:77%;
        border-top:1px solid #666;
        padding:5px 0;
        }
        #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
        padding-bottom:10px;
        }

        #ygrp-vital{
        background-color:#e0ecee;
        margin-bottom:20px;
        padding:2px 0 8px 8px;
        }
        #ygrp-vital #vithd{
        font-size:77%;
        font-family:Verdana;
        font-weight:bold;
        color:#333;
        text-transform:uppercase;
        }
        #ygrp-vital ul{
        padding:0;
        margin:2px 0;
        }
        #ygrp-vital ul li{
        list-style-type:none;
        clear:both;
        border:1px solid #e0ecee;
        }
        #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{
        font-weight:bold;
        color:#ff7900;
        float:right;
        width:2em;
        text-align:right;
        padding-right:.5em;
        }
        #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
        font-weight:bold;
        }
        #ygrp-vital a {
        text-decoration:none;
        }

        #ygrp-vital a:hover{
        text-decoration:underline;
        }

        #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
        color:#999;
        font-size:77%;
        }
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
        padding:6px 13px;
        background-color:#e0ecee;
        margin-bottom:20px;
        }
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
        padding:0 0 0 8px;
        margin:0;
        }
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
        list-style-type:square;
        padding:6px 0;
        font-size:77%;
        }
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
        text-decoration:none;
        font-size:130%;
        }
        #ygrp-sponsor #nc {
        background-color:#eee;
        margin-bottom:20px;
        padding:0 8px;
        }
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
        padding:8px 0;
        }
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
        font-family:Arial;
        font-weight:bold;
        color:#628c2a;
        font-size:100%;
        line-height:122%;
        }
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
        text-decoration:none;
        }
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
        text-decoration:underline;
        }
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
        margin:0;
        }
        o {font-size:0;}
        .MsoNormal {
        margin:0 0 0 0;
        }
        #ygrp-text tt{
        font-size:120%;
        }
        blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}
        .replbq {margin:4;}
        -->

      • CS Shyam Sundar
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 10 12:03 AM
          Hmmmm.,

          The way to do it according to the HTTP spec (RFC
          2187<http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2187.html>)
          is to generate raw HTTP headers.

          In PHP:
          http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.header.php

          * <?
          Header('Cache-Control: no-cache');
          Header('Pragma: no-cache');
          ?>*

          If you want to view the raw headers of your web page - you can use this service:

          http://www.delorie.com/web/headers.html

          Sample HTTP Headers: (for this page)
          *HTTP/1.1 200 OK
          Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 19:50:44 GMT
          Server: Apache/1.3.27

          *
          --

          On 3/9/07, pritesh loke <priteshloke@...> wrote:

          > Hello
          > my problem is how i clear post data at refresh time not db problems
          > pls give me any idea if you know.
          > Thank you
          >
          > CS Shyam Sundar <csshyamsundar@... <csshyamsundar%40gmail.com>>
          > wrote: Dude.,
          >
          > This is damn simple.,
          >
          > Before entering details to DB check if an entry already exists in the
          > database.
          > If it exists dont enter the details., !!!
          >
          > On 09 Mar 2007 05:38:03 -0800, pritesh loke <priteshloke@...<priteshloke%40yahoo.com>>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Hello To all
          > > I have one smoll but big problem.I created one form which is my
          > > registration. see this code
          > > <form method=post>
          > > <input type=text name=fname />
          > > <input type=submit name=submit />
          > > </form>
          > > <?
          > > if(isset($_POST[submit]))
          > > {
          > > //enter in database
          > > }
          > > ?>
          > > this type of ode mostally i used when i submitting the form but problem
          > is
          > > here when any user refresh the page after enter the value the last post
          > > value will go in the database.
          > >
          > > pls tell me the solution
          > >
          > > Thank you

          > CS Shyam Sundar
          >
          > "In our world of game and con: there is always an opponent and there is
          > always a victim. The trick: is to know when you're the latter, so you can
          > become the former."

        • pritesh loke

            Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 19:50:44 GMT
            Server: Apache/1.3.27