Re: country/citiesfilling

  • shridharshenoy2000
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 4, 2007
      Hi its always better to have the database for countries and cities
      database tab. It gives you the benifit of manipulation in database
      where in you have control over the data in two places first in database
      and the other in your program.

      --- In bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com, "jatinder kaur" <jatinderkaur100@...>
      wrote:

      > best way
      > keeping the data of countries and cities in database tab
      >

      > On 1/25/07, Anil Konsal anil_konsal@... wrote:
      > >
      > > hello all!
      > >
      > > for filling the country/cities drop boxes, what is the most
      efficient
      > > method out of these
      > >
      > > 1. Hard coding
      > > 2. keeping the data of countries and cities in xml files and then
      read xml
      > > files from php
      > > 3. keeping the data of countries and cities in database tables.
      > >
      > > please reply.
      > >
      > > thank you.
      > >
      > > anil

    • Anil Konsal
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 4, 2007
        Thanks Jatinder, for ur kind effort to help me in the matter.

      • KARTHIKEYAN RANGASWAMY
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 5, 2007
          Hai,

          U can use Database for cities and country filling but in that case u will get page refresh if you are not using AJAX.Use database for storing cities and countries and use AJAX Method for pulling the cities and country values from database in that case u wont get page refresh.that will leads better performance this is my idea

          Rgds,
          Karthikeyan.R