Help in creating CMS

  • pritesh loke
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 24 8:22 PM
      Hello To All,
      I am creating one smoll cms.Not really big cms smoll one.In that conatins one form which gives input like Title and Content. Like blogger do.What i done is after user submitting title and Content i will create one file using file function that files name i give using user submitted title and write all content in that file and save as html file.Now i have one problem when user enter title like Game so i will save file as Game.html but when user enter title like Game Video now i want to save file like Game_Video.html so how i do this ? pls give me reply.

      Thank you.

    • CS Shyam Sundar
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 25 12:25 AM
        Hi Pritesh.,

        Its very Simple.

        I understand that you don't want to use a database., instead use flat files
        for storing contents.

        Use FCKEditor or TinyMCE to interpret HTML content., and use php's file
        API's to manipulate with files.

        Creating a file with same name as "Post Title" is very Simple.

        [+] Replace all WHITE SPACES with a underscore. i,e., Hello World ---->
        Hello_World
        [+] If file_exists of the post-title, append a counter. i,e., Hello_World-1

        On 2/25/07, pritesh loke <priteshloke@...> wrote:

        > Hello To All,
        > I am creating one smoll cms.Not really big cms smoll one.In that conatins
        > one form which gives input like Title and Content. Like blogger do.What i
        > done is after user submitting title and Content i will create one file using
        > file function that files name i give using user submitted title and write
        > all content in that file and save as html file.Now i have one problem when
        > user enter title like Game so i will save file as Game.html but when user
        > enter title like Game Video now i want to save file like Game_Video.html so
        > how i do this ? pls give me reply.
        >
        > Thank you.

        CS Shyam Sundar

        "In our world of game and con: there is always an opponent and there is
        always a victim. The trick: is to know when you're the latter, so you can
        become the former."