Re: Reading a excel file

  • mailsyamk
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 22, 2006
      Use fgetcsv if you want to manually read it and seperate fields befor
      e adding to table

      Best,
      Syam
    • suresh hatti
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 22, 2006
        Thanks a lot guys this worked..

        Vinu Thomas <vinuthomas@...> wrote: Suresh,

        You can load a CSV file into MySQL using the LOAD DATA INFILE:
        LOAD DATA INFILE 'data.txt' INTO TABLE table2 FIELDS TERMINATED BY ',';
        More on this from :
        http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/load-data.html
        <http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/load-data.html>

        --- In bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com, "sureshhatti001" <sureshhatti001@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi All,
        >
        > I have a problem regarding reading the excel file and uploaing it to
        > database.Can any one please help me in solvin my problem. Thanks in
        > advance.
        >
        > Regards
        > Suresh Hatti.

        Luv,
        Suri.

        "When God is with us who can be Against us"