extract datas to an Excel sheet

  • raji_ska
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 3 3:26 AM
      I am new to php & i need u peoples' help to extract data from different
      tables to an excel sheet in a formatted way..ie, merging some colums,
      leave some columns,like that...Is it possible to format an excel sheet
      using php?
    • ansar ansar
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 5 10:14 PM

        You can use pear to do so.

        Pear Modules required - Install OLE and Spread Sheet Excel module of
        pear since Spread Sheet Excel module depend on OLE module we need to
        install both the modules.

        Command for installing pear package modules

        pear install --alldeps OLE-beta

        pear install Spreadsheet_Excel_Writer-0.9.0

        Regards,
        Ansar Ahmed

        I am new to php & i need u peoples' help to extract data from different

        tables to an excel sheet in a formatted way..ie, merging some colums,

        leave some columns,like that...Is it possible to format an excel sheet

        using php?

        <!--

        #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
        #ygrp-text{
        font-family:Georgia;
        }
        #ygrp-text p{
        margin:0 0 1em 0;
        }
        #ygrp-tpmsgs{
        font-family:Arial;
        clear:both;
        }
        #ygrp-vitnav{
        padding-top:10px;
        font-family:Verdana;
        font-size:77%;
        margin:0;
        }
        #ygrp-vitnav a{
        padding:0 1px;
        }
        #ygrp-actbar{
        clear:both;
        margin:25px 0;
        white-space:nowrap;
        color:#666;
        text-align:right;
        }
        #ygrp-actbar .left{
        float:left;
        white-space:nowrap;
        }
        .bld{font-weight:bold;}
        #ygrp-grft{
        font-family:Verdana;
        font-size:77%;
        padding:15px 0;
        }
        #ygrp-ft{
        font-family:verdana;
        font-size:77%;
        border-top:1px solid #666;
        padding:5px 0;
        }
        #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
        padding-bottom:10px;
        }

        #ygrp-vital{
        background-color:#e0ecee;
        margin-bottom:20px;
        padding:2px 0 8px 8px;
        }
        #ygrp-vital #vithd{
        font-size:77%;
        font-family:Verdana;
        font-weight:bold;
        color:#333;
        text-transform:uppercase;
        }
        #ygrp-vital ul{
        padding:0;
        margin:2px 0;
        }
        #ygrp-vital ul li{
        list-style-type:none;
        clear:both;
        border:1px solid #e0ecee;
        }
        #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{
        font-weight:bold;
        color:#ff7900;
        float:right;
        width:2em;
        text-align:right;
        padding-right:.5em;
        }
        #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
        font-weight:bold;
        }
        #ygrp-vital a {
        text-decoration:none;
        }

        #ygrp-vital a:hover{
        text-decoration:underline;
        }

        #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
        color:#999;
        font-size:77%;
        }
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
        padding:6px 13px;
        background-color:#e0ecee;
        margin-bottom:20px;
        }
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
        padding:0 0 0 8px;
        margin:0;
        }
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
        list-style-type:square;
        padding:6px 0;
        font-size:77%;
        }
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
        text-decoration:none;
        font-size:130%;
        }
        #ygrp-sponsor #nc {
        background-color:#eee;
        margin-bottom:20px;
        padding:0 8px;
        }
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
        padding:8px 0;
        }
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
        font-family:Arial;
        font-weight:bold;
        color:#628c2a;
        font-size:100%;
        line-height:122%;
        }
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
        text-decoration:none;
        }
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
        text-decoration:underline;
        }
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
        margin:0;
        }
        o {font-size:0;}
        .MsoNormal {
        margin:0 0 0 0;
        }
        #ygrp-text tt{
        font-size:120%;
        }
        blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}
        .replbq {margin:4;}
        -->

      • shunmuga prasath
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 7 5:50 PM

          Try the excel writer pear package. Lot of customization are available.

          http://pear.php.net/package/Spreadsheet_Excel_Writer

          P.Shunmuga prasath.

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 13 3:14 AM
            hi all..
            thanks to everybody who helped me to get out of the extraction data problem

            With Love & Prayers,
            Raji Pramod

          • raji skariah
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 28, 2007
              hi all..
              I want a help to append a .doc file..
              when i click on a link, i want to open the specified .doc file from the server & a name to get added to it from the table..

              my code is like this i tested..

              $filename = $m_tmppath;
              $fh = fopen($filename, 'a+') or die("can't open file");
              $stringData = "this is a test data to append to the file";
              fwrite($fh, $stringData);
              fclose($fh);

              but when i open the file.. I am getting it as blank..not even getting the existing contents nor the testdata....Can anyone help me out of this problem?

              With Love & Prayers,
              Raji Pramod