country/citiesfilling

  • Anil Konsal
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 24, 2007
      hello all!

      for filling the country/cities drop boxes, what is the most efficient method out of these

      1. Hard coding
      2. keeping the data of countries and cities in xml files and then read xml files from php
      3. keeping the data of countries and cities in database tables.

      please reply.

      thank you.

      anil

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 4, 2007
        best way

        On 1/25/07, Anil Konsal <anil_konsal@...> wrote:

        > hello all!
        >
        > for filling the country/cities drop boxes, what is the most efficient
        > method out of these
        >
        > 1. Hard coding
        > 2. keeping the data of countries and cities in xml files and then read xml
        > files from php
        > 3. keeping the data of countries and cities in database tables.
        >
        > please reply.
        >
        > thank you.
        >
        > anil

      • shridharshenoy2000
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 4, 2007
          Hi its always better to have the database for countries and cities
          database tab. It gives you the benifit of manipulation in database
          where in you have control over the data in two places first in database
          and the other in your program.

          --- In bang-phpug@yahoogroups.com, "jatinder kaur" <jatinderkaur100@...>
          wrote:

          > best way
          > keeping the data of countries and cities in database tab
          >

          > On 1/25/07, Anil Konsal anil_konsal@... wrote:
          > >
          > > hello all!
          > >
          > > for filling the country/cities drop boxes, what is the most
          efficient
          > > method out of these
          > >
          > > 1. Hard coding
          > > 2. keeping the data of countries and cities in xml files and then
          read xml
          > > files from php
          > > 3. keeping the data of countries and cities in database tables.
          > >
          > > please reply.
          > >
          > > thank you.
          > >
          > > anil

        • Anil Konsal
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 4, 2007
            Thanks Jatinder, for ur kind effort to help me in the matter.

          • KARTHIKEYAN RANGASWAMY
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 5, 2007
              Hai,

              U can use Database for cities and country filling but in that case u will get page refresh if you are not using AJAX.Use database for storing cities and countries and use AJAX Method for pulling the cities and country values from database in that case u wont get page refresh.that will leads better performance this is my idea

              Rgds,
              Karthikeyan.R