Re: [bang-phpug] Urgent

  • Viswanath Somanchi
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 19, 2007
      Hi,

      As far my suggession donot use frame work if it very necessary to use use
      just zend frame work or symfony at max donot go for others zend frame work
      is the best and smarty system is much mcuh better but use it with a bit of
      intelligence according to your requirement

      Regards,
      Viswanath.

      On 1/19/07, Prashanth H <hprashi.blore@...> wrote:

      > Firstly, I would like to thank you all for clearing my doubts :)
      > have another one ...:)
      >
      > I am starting a project in php, First I thought of using smarty templates
      > and rest code it myself. But now I am getting doubts if I should use
      > frameworks. Pls answer the following questions
      > 1) What is the avantage of using a framework?
      > 2) Will it hurt the performance?if so is it drastic?
      > 3) Is it good enough if i use the templates(like smarty) ?
      >
      > Thank you
      >
      > Yours thankful,
      > Prashanth

    • Ved Prakash
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 21, 2007
        Hi,

        I have been working on symfony for quite sometime now, and I think if your
        site is going to be database driven then its good to work on framework, you
        may go for zend framework if you want to use smarty, it has better support
        for them. For rest type of application its ok even if you just code in plain
        vanilla php.

        Regards,
        Ved