Urgent

  • Prashanth H
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 19, 2007
      Firstly, I would like to thank you all for clearing my doubts :)
      have another one ...:)

      I am starting a project in php, First I thought of using smarty templates
      and rest code it myself. But now I am getting doubts if I should use
      frameworks. Pls answer the following questions
      1) What is the avantage of using a framework?
      2) Will it hurt the performance?if so is it drastic?
      3) Is it good enough if i use the templates(like smarty) ?

      Thank you

      Yours thankful,
      Prashanth

    • Viswanath Somanchi
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 19, 2007

        As far my suggession donot use frame work if it very necessary to use use
        just zend frame work or symfony at max donot go for others zend frame work
        is the best and smarty system is much mcuh better but use it with a bit of
        intelligence according to your requirement

        Regards,
        Viswanath.

        On 1/19/07, Prashanth H <hprashi.blore@...> wrote:

        > Firstly, I would like to thank you all for clearing my doubts :)
        > have another one ...:)
        >
        > I am starting a project in php, First I thought of using smarty templates
        > and rest code it myself. But now I am getting doubts if I should use
        > frameworks. Pls answer the following questions
        > 1) What is the avantage of using a framework?
        > 2) Will it hurt the performance?if so is it drastic?
        > 3) Is it good enough if i use the templates(like smarty) ?
        >
        > Thank you
        >
        > Yours thankful,
        > Prashanth

      • Ved Prakash
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 21, 2007

          I have been working on symfony for quite sometime now, and I think if your
          site is going to be database driven then its good to work on framework, you
          may go for zend framework if you want to use smarty, it has better support
          for them. For rest type of application its ok even if you just code in plain
          vanilla php.

          Regards,
          Ved